Husqvarna Viking Invisible Zipper Foot
Husqvarna Viking Invisible Zipper Foot available in 2 Styles
Clear or Solid
Invisible Zippers (sometimes called concealed zippers) are most often seen in the center back of a dress, in the side or back of pants and skirts, and in some home dec projects.
As the name implies, the zipper is hidden in a seam, becoming virtually invisible. This zipper application is often thought of as very difficult to do, however it’s really one of the easiest.
An invisible zipper is always inserted before stitching the garments seam. The Invisible Zipper Foot has two grooves underneath the foot to accommodate the zipper coils and hold them in place as you stitch. Buy a zipper that is at least 1 1/4" (3 cm) longer than the zipper opening.
1. Mark the length of the zipper opening on the seam allowance and on the zipper. The excess length should be at the bottom of the zipper.
2. Snap on the Invisible Zipper Foot. Select center needle position straight stitch. Length 2.5 - 3.0.
3. Unzip the zipper.
4. Place the right part of the zipper on the fabric right sides together. The coil should be on the seamline and the top stop of the zipper 3/4" (2 cm) below the cut edge of the fabric. (Illustration A)
5. Fingerpress up the zipper coils and lower the presser foot with the zipper coils in the right opening under the foot. (Illustration B)
6. Adjust needle position to align the needle with the needle guide on the front of the foot. Backstitch and sew. Stop at the mark on the zipper and seam allowance and backstitch to tie off. (Illustration C)
7. Place the left part of the zipper right sides together with the left side of the garment. Lower the presser foot with the left opening over the zipper teeth. Make sure that the needle is perfectly aligned with the needle guide in front of the foot again. Sew in the same way as the first side.
8. Pull up the zipper pull. Place the fabric with the zipper right sides together. Snap on the regular Zipper Foot to the left of the needle. Adjust needle position to the right. Start stitching in the backstitched seam and sew the seam below the zipper. (Illustration D
If the zipper is too long, whipstitch across the zipper teeth 1 1/4" (3 cm) below the inserted zipper length. Cut away excess zipper below the whipstitching.
Invisible Zipper foot Metal
Part Number 920458096
Fits Class 1 to 9 Class of Husqvarna Viking Machines
Clear Invisible Zipper Foot
Part Number 413286545
Fits Class 1 to 9 of Husqvarna Viking Machines
We Also Recommend
Husqvarna Viking Drop in Bobbins 10 pack
HUSQVARNA® VIKING® Watercolored Bobbins 20-Pack (Group 5,6,7) 2 Different Colour Packs