HUSQVARNA® VIKING® Open Toe Free Motion Spring Foot
Available in Different Options
HUSQVARNA® VIKING® Open Toe Free Motion Spring Foot (Spring Action)
(Group 5,6,7,8) Part # 413037646
(Group 8 & 9 with IDF) Part # 920619096
The Open Toe Free Motion Spring Foot gives clear visibility when doing free motion quilting or embroidery. Because of the open front, you can easily do stippling or follow a design in the fabric. The spring action keeps the fabric from lifting with the needle as the stitch is being formed which helps eliminate thread breakage with specialty or heavier threads. Be sure to use the appropriate needle for the thread you are using.
For Sapphire series, select Free Motion Spring Action on the Set Menu. For Designer series, select Sensor Q Foot on the Set Menu.
1. Remove the ankle and put on the Open Toe Free Motion Spring Foot
2. Bring the bobbin thread to the top by taking one stitch.
3. Lower the presser foot.
4. Sew, moving the fabric as desired to quilt the fabric, or create a free motion design. Move the fabric in a smooth motion, moving the fabric faster as the speed of the machine is increased. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric.
Husqvarna Viking Open Toe Stippling Foot-- Floating
Part # 412801045
Open Toe Stippling Foot (Floating)
The Open Toe Stippling Foot (floating) is ideal for stitching free motion on print fabrics, or when stippling around pieced or embroidered designs. It gives clear vision for free motion sewing.
1. Loosen the presser foot ankle screw completely and remove the ankle. Place the Open Toe Stippling Foot (Floating) around the presser bar; attach it with the screw.
2. Thread your machine.
3. Select a straight stitch.
4. Set your sewing machine to Free Motion Floating mode and lower the feed dogs (some machines do this automatically). Note: When the feed dogs are dropped, the fabric is no longer fed by the machine. You must move the fabric.
5. Bring the bobbin thread to the top by taking one stitch. Hold onto both threads and sew a few stitches in place to begin.
6. Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric.
Note: When sewing in Free Motion Floating mode at a low speedthe presser foot will raise and lower with each stitch to hold the fabric on the stitch plate while the stitch is being performed. At a higher speed, the presser foot floats over the fabric while sewing
We Also Recommend
Husqvarna Viking Drop in Bobbins 10 pack
HUSQVARNA® VIKING® Watercolored Bobbins 20-Pack (Group 5,6,7) 2 Different Colour Packs